Retro Cycling Jersey Tricolore French Champion - REDTED
Since 1907, the French Champion on the road wears the tricolour jersey (blue, white and red). The French champion can wear this jersey from the start of the race until the next championship. This characteristic tricolour jersey has existed since the beginning of the French Championship on the road.
The first rider to win this jersey was Gustave Garrigou in 1907. After him, many famous cyclists wore this jersey. Jean Stablinski wore the champion's jersey no less than four times (1960-1962-1963-1964). Also Octave Lapize (1911-1912-1913) , Francis Pélissier (1921-1923-1924), Georges Speicher (1935-1937-1939) and Arnaud Démare (2014-2017-2020) won this jersey three times. Other great French riders who wore the Tricolore include Bernard Thévenet (1973), Laurent Fignon (1984) and Bernard Hinault (1978).
But the most remarkable achievement can be attributed to Jeannie Longo: she managed to win the iconic tricolour jersey no less than 20 times on the road race! The first time was in 1979 and the last time was in 2008. An outstanding achievement!
You don't have to be a champion to feel like one. We offer the classic French tricolore in a modern comfort by RedTed. With this jersey on your shoulders cycling seems to go a lot smoother!
The RedTed Retro collection - Sport fashion with a hug
- Wide elastic / silicone band on the sleeve
- Wide elastic / silicone band at bottom front
- Narrow elastic / silicone band at the bottom of the back
- Polyester with spherical micro-hole pattern (breathable)
- Finished with flat seams (firm and no irritation)
- Long and durable hidden YKK-zipper
- 3 large back pockets closed by an elastic band
- Aerodynamic / slim-fit fit
- Italian size from XS to 5XL (choose 1 size bigger than your usual size)
Please note! Italian' sizing - so it is slightly smaller. If in doubt, choose one size bigger than your usual size. See size chart for measurements.
Also available as an outfit .