Maglia Rosa Molteni 1973 - the pink jersey of the Giro d'Italia from 1973
A RedTed replica of the pink jersey of the 1973 Giro' d'Italia. This tight cut pink race jersey was worn by Eddy Merckx. He won the Giro five times, of which three times for Molteni.
Since 1931, the leader of the general classification of the Giro d'Italia is recognisable by a pink jersey (Maglia Rosa). The colour pink was chosen because that was the colour on which the newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport - the initiator - was printed. The pink race jersey has since become an icon, the symbol of the emotions, passion and style of the Giro and Italian cycling.
The Molteni cycling team took the pink jersey home as the overall winner four times. In 1966, Gianni Motta won the pink jersey and in 1972, 1973, and 1974 Edouard Louis Joseph Merckx won the pink jersey for Molteni. Eddy Merckx won the Giro d'Italia a total of five times. In 1968 and 1970 he won the pink jersey for FAEMA. Only the Italian Fausto Coppi and Alfredo Binda won the Giro d'Italia five times as well.
The RedTed Retro collection - Sport Fashion with a hug
- Wide elastic / silicone band on the sleeve
- Wide elastic / silicone band at the bottom of the front
- Narrow elastic / silicone band at the bottom of the back
- Polyester with spherical micro-hole pattern (breathable)
- Finished with flat seams (firm and no chafing)
- Long and durable hidden YKK zipper
- 3 spacious back pockets closed by an elastic band
- Aerodynamic / slim fit
- Italian size from XS to 5XL (choose 1 size larger than your usual size)
Eddy Merckx in the Molteni cycling jersey
Please note! Italian sizing - choose one size larger than your normal clothing size